When the extender Mywifiext net works correctly after the setup, we recommend you to back up the extender configuration settings. Once you back up the settings, you change the extender configuration settings but aren’t pleased with the newest settings; you are able to restore the extended configuration to the backed-up settings.
Back Up the Configuration Settings
You are able to back up the configuration file of the extender.
To back up the extender configuration settings:
- On a pc or Wi-Fi device that’s linked to the extended network, launch a web browser.
- In the address field of one’s browser, enter website mywifiext.net. A login page displays.
- Enter your username and password and click the LOG IN button. The Status page displays and if menu is there then on MENU.
- Choose Settings > other and then click on the BACKUP button to extracts the configuration file from the extender menu. The name of the file is NETGEAR_Ex6920.cfg.
- If your browser isn’t set as much as save downloaded files automatically, locate where you intend to save the file.
- Click the OK button. The extender configuration settings are backed up.
Restore the Configuration Settings of Mywifiext net
You are able to restore the configuration file of the extender to a previously saved configuration file.
To replace the extender configuration settings:
- On a pc or Wi-Fi device that’s attached to the extender network, launch a new browser.
- In the address field of one’s browser, enter website Mywifiext net. A login page appears on the screen.
- Enter your username and password and click the LOG IN button. The Status page appearsand then click on the BROWSE button to find the backup file. The name of the backup file is NETGEAR_EX6920.cfg.
- Click the RESTORE button. A confirmation pop-up window opens.
- Confirm your decision. The extender configuration is restored and the extender restarts. This technique takes about one minute.